Alfa Sewing Equipment
On October 28, 1920, a group of specialized workers in the armory sector created the "Sociedad Anónima Cooperativa de Producción de Armas de Fuego Alfa" [“Alfa Fire Arms Production Company"], with 300,000 pesetas of capital stock.
The first workshop was located on calle Vista Alegre street in Eibar, where they produced mainly Smith & Wesson revolvers.
Five years later, on February 4, 1925, weapons gave way to sewing machines after an accurate market study.
The joining of Toribio Echebarria was key to the development of the business, with production increasing to 12,000 units in 1935.
Alfa became the first sewing machine manufacturer in Spain. Interesting to note, the price of the Alfa sewing machine was 260 pesetas at the time.